The museum was inaugurated on June 15, 2004.
Contacts & Details
The production plant of Saint-Louis, a 50-meter long building surmounted by the world with the eagle, symbol of Fernet-Branca, was built at the beginning of the twentieth century, came into operation in 1909 and was shut down in July 2000.
The idea to transform the old Fernet-Branca distillery into a museum of contemporary art originated in 2003 from a joint project of the local government and the Branca family: the project was realised by architect Jean-Michel Wilmotte who considered the transfer to the future exhibition area in two stages: first and foremost, the area had to be used for exhibitions and visitors, while secondly the internal courtyard was to be covered with a glass window and an underground restaurant to be built in the old wine-cellar where there the original casks are.
The special opening hours during the Art Basel Week 2019,
10 – 16 June (Tue – Sun) 9am to 6pm
wed, thu, fri, sat, sun 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
8€ Red. 6€ Free for under 18, teachers, journalists, disabled
Pierre Jean Sugier
2, rue du Ballon Saint-Louis/Alsace, 68300 France
Fondation Fernet Branca