Villa Necchi Campiglio
Contacts & Details
Constructed between 1932 and 1935 by the Milanese architect Piero Portaluppi, Villa Necchi Campiglio has survived completely intact, both outside with its ample yard and pool, and inside with its rich succession of rooms. Architecture, decorative arts, furnishings and collections express as a harmonious whole the high standard of living of the owners, who belonged to the upper middle class of Lombard industrial families. At the same time, the fervor of daily activity is adequately witnessed by the service areas of the house, the pantry, the kitchens and bathrooms, all still graced with their original facilities. In addition, two important donations enrich the visit: Claudia Gian Ferrari’s collection of early 20th century art and Alighiero de’ Micheli’s collection of 18th century paintings and decorative arts.