The Starmach Gallery was established in 1989 by a couple of art historians from Krakow – Teresa and Andrzej Starmach.
Contacts & Details
First Galeria Starmach was located at Rynek Główny, and the first opening took place on October 3, 1989.
The gallery was active from October 1989 till July 1999. During almost ten years, fifty-five exhibitions were featured there. In 1997, the gallery changed its location and moved to Podgórze. The former Jewish Zucher’s house of prayer, built in 1879 – 1881, was refurbished and converted into exhibition space. It was there that the Nowosielski Foundation Prize was awarded for the first time on May 17, 1997. The first exhibition at the new gallery was opened on June 19 of the same year. Over the last twelve years there have been sixty-four exhibitions held in our venue at Węgierska Street.
Galeria Starmach, Kraków. Photo credit: Maciej Landsberg Slajd; courtesy of Galeria Starmach
Exhibition view of Maria Stangret-Kantor, "Hommage A Danił Lider", Galeria Starmach, Kraków 2005, Photo credit: Anna Dzierżyc, courtesy of Galerii Foksal
Galeria Starmach, Krakow