Sé’s main gallery was founded in 2014 in partnership between businessman Marcelo Tilkian Maia and independent curator Maria Montero.
Contacts & Details
Galeria Sé is a partnership between businessman Marcelo Tilkian Maia and independent curator Maria Montero, who also is the founder and director of the independent art space Phosphorus. The relationship with the artists and their poetic procedures are Sé’s focal point, approximating production, curatorship and public. Through their activities, the gallery seeks to form new audiences for artists and works that express a conceptual view of contemporary art that’s actual, process related and experimental.
The gallery came at an important time of revision of contemporary thought and its modus operandi. With an innovative proposal, Sé was conceived in a collaborative format, as a partnership with the represented artists, emphasizing the critical thinking, incentive and coordination of articulation.
Sé’s first headquarter opened its doors on April 2014, in the historic centre of São Paulo. It’s located on a mansion built in 1890, which shelters three projects: other than Sé, it’s the home for Phosphorus and Casa Juici (which holds a collection of more than 35.000 vintage clothes for research and rental). The partnership between these three enterprises makes the house into a creative hub. In March 2015, Sé opened a second space, in Jardins, which worked until October of the same year.
tue, wed, thu, fri 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm; sat 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Rua Roberto Símonsen 108, Centro São Paulo, 01017-020 Brazil
Exhibition view of Deco Adjiman at Sé Centro. Courtesy of Galeria Sé. Photo by Melissa Haidar
Exposition view. Courtesy of Galeria Sé. Photo by Pedro Victor Brandão