Houses the important art collection of the Baron Giorgio Franchetti, who in 1916 donated his collections and the building itself to the Italian State
Contacts & Details
Ca’ d’Oro is one of the most prestigious late Gothic palaces in Venice, characterized by the structure of the ancient Venice’s warehouse.
Of particular interest are the inner courtyard, with its impressive floor marked out by the ancient marbles’ mosaic and the original well curb sculpted by Bartolomeo Bon in 1427.
During some years the collection of the nobleman, which includes furniture, paintings, medals, tapestries, bronzes and sculptures, was enlarged with the annexation of Renaissance’s works coming from suppressed or demolished religious buildings and collections coming from the Gallerie dell’Accademia and the Archaeological Museum; moreover in 1992 a new expositive section, gathering up Venetian ceramic, took place next to Palazzo Duodo.
mon 8:15 am - 1:15 am; tue, wed, thu, fri, sat, sun 8:15 am - 6:15 pm
€ 8,50 (+ € 1,50 booking), reduced € 4,25 (+ € 1,50 booking) and during temporary exhibitions the price of admission is subject to change
Cannaregio 3932 Venice, 30121 Italy