ICA Miami’s new 15,000-square-foot sculpture garden showcases an annual schedule of major sculptural works by post-war and contemporary artists.
To inaugurate the sculpture garden, ICA Miami presents three major site-specific commissions, as well as a new gift to the collection, including:
– Abigail DeVille (Dec 1, 2017 – Oct 2018)
A new work reflecting on Miami’s rich and diverse social history.
– Allora & Calzadilla (Dec 1, 2017 – Oct 2019)
Artist duo Allora & Calzadilla will create a large-scale installation for the sculpture garden. Hailing from Puerto Rico, the artists are recognized for their radical approach to the medium.
– Mark Handforth (Dec 1, 2017 – Nov 2020)
A major sculpture by Miami artist Mark Handforth depicting a bent telephone pole-star will be on view in the sculpture garden. The installation will embody the artist’s signature use of industrial materials and pop iconography.
– George Segal (December 1, 2017 – February 28, 2021)
“Three Figures and Four Benches” (1979) is an iconic sculpture by renowned Pop artist George Segal, who’s figurative installations in steel and plaster explore the human figure as it relates to the surrounding environment.
– Henry Taylor (Dec 4, 2018 – August 11, 2019)
A new work for the sculpture garden by artist Henry Taylor.
- George Segal: Three Figures and Four Benches