ICA Miami’s new 15,000-square-foot sculpture garden showcases an annual schedule of major sculptural works by post-war and contemporary artists.
To inaugurate the sculpture garden, ICA Miami presents three major site-specific commissions, as well as a new gift to the collection, including:
– Abigail DeVille (Dec 1, 2017 – Oct 2018)
A new work reflecting on Miami’s rich and diverse social history.
– Allora & Calzadilla (Dec 1, 2017 – Oct 2019)
A large-scale installation exploring how the United States’ policies toward the Caribbean have impacted and defined the social, economic, and political realities in the region and its diaspora, many of whom are based in Miami.
– Mark Handforth (Dec 1, 2017 – Nov 2020)
A bent telephone pole-star sculpture emboding the artist’s signature use of industrial materials and pop iconography.
– George Segal: Three Figures and Four Benches (1979)
A long-term loan from the Martin Z. Margulies Collection, the sculpture explores the human figure as it relates to the surrounding environment.
- George Segal: Three Figures and Four Benches