miart 2016 opens its doors to the public on the 8th of April 2016. Below are some of My Art Guides‘ highlights from the press preview.
In the Established sector, Galleria Continua (San Gimignano, Beijing, Les Moulins and Habana) presents works by some of the gallery’s artists including Ai Weiwei (b.1957, China) and Giovanni Ozzola (b.1982, Italy).
Another Italian gallery, Francesco Pantaleone (Palermo) showcases works by Loredana Longo (b.1967, Italy) while Zero (Milan) has brought works by one of the gallery’s Milan based artists, Pietro Roccasalva (b.1970, Italy).
A work by Matthew Monahan (b.1972, USA) can be found at the Milan, London and now Hong Kong based Massimo de Carlo gallery’s booth.
In THENnow sector, curated by Vincenzo De Bellis, each booth – shared by two different galleries – presents a dialogue between works by two artists from different generations, in an interaction between historical impact and experimentation.
Martini & Ronchetti (Genova) and Massimo Minini (Brescia) highlight a dialogue between Florence Henri (1893 – 1982) and Haris Epaminonda (b.1980, Cyprus).
Galerie Lelong (Paris) and apalazzogallery (Brescia) have put together a conversation of works by Jiřĺ Kolář (1914 – 2002) and Ibrahim Mahama (b.1987, Ghana).
Galleria Tega (Milan) and Lia Rumma (Milan, Naples) have filled their booth with works by Pietro Consagra (1920 – 2005) and Luca Monterastelli (b.1983, Italy).
Korakrit Arunanondchai (b.1986, Thailand) and Rirkrit Tiravanija (b.1961, Argentina) have been paired by Gavin Brown’s Enterprise (New York, Rome) and Clearing (New York, Brussels).
- Giovanni Ozzola and Ai Weiwei at Galleria Continua's booth. Courtesy of My Art Guides.
- Loredana Longo at Francesco Pantaleone's booth. Courtesy of My Art Guides.
- Pietro Roccasalva at Zero's booth. Courtesy of My Art Guides.
- Matthew Monahan at Massimo de Carlo's booth. Courtesy of My Art Guides.
- Martini & Ronchetti and Massimo Minini's booth in THENnow sector. Courtesy of My Art Guides.
- Galerie Lelong and apalazzogallery's booth at THENnow. Courtesy of My Art Guides.
- Galleria Tega and Lia Rumma's booth at THENnow. Courtesy of My Art Guides.
- Gavin Brown Enterprise and Clearing's booth at THENnow. Courtesy of My Art Guides.