The cafeteria is located inside the ex Sala degli Specchi (on the ground floor of the right side of the palace, overlooking the privileged location at the beginning of the Grand Canal). At the beginning of the restoration work, the hall had no more trace of the decorative setting of the first half of the 1900s, consisting of walls covered with Murano glasses and mirrors – hence the name “Sala degli Specchi” – that was supposedly dismantled at the beginning of the 70s .
The interior decoration and the terrace are a contemporary reinterpretation of the nineteenth-century coffee tradition. The layout of the space divided into two parts separated by two masonry blocks – a testimony to the unification of the two buildings in the previous period – became the element on which the distribution of the various functions displays: the bar counter and a relaxation area with sofas anticipate the space equipped with seating and tables for public service. The material, shapes and colors of coatings and furnishings are blended in a harmonious contrast between the tradition and the actuality of a constantly moving present.
W: L’Ombra del Leone
San Marco 1364/A, Venice, Italy