Galleries

Paula Cooper

Paula Cooper Gallery, the first art gallery in SoHo, opened in 1968 with an exhibition to benefit the Student Mobilization Committee to End the War in Vietnam. The show included works by Carl Andre, Dan Flavin, Donald Judd, Robert Mangold and Robert Ryman, among others, as well as Sol LeWitt’s first wall drawing. For over forty years, the gallery’s artistic agenda has remained focused on, though not limited to, conceptual and minimal art.


 

Paula Cooper was the first gallery to open in Soho in 1968.  In 1996 the gallery moved to Chelsea and in 1999 opened a second exhibition space on 21st street.
In addition to its regular exhibition programme the gallery hosts concerts, performances, book launches, readings, etc.

Paula Cooper Gallery has moved its primary space to 524 West 26th Street.

Due to major construction on W 21st Street, Paula Cooper Gallery has temporarily relocated from its primary space at 534 W 21st Street to 524 W 26th Street. Programming continues on the second floor of 521 W 21st Street, as well as at our vitrine space below it at 529 W 21st Street.

Contacts & Details
OPENING:
tue, wed, thu, fri, sat 10:00 am – 6:00 pm

CLOSING DAYS:
mon, sun

T: +1 (212) 255.1105
M: INFO@PAULACOOPERGALLERY.COM
W: Website

ADDRESS
524 West 26th Street
Past Exhibitions
Exhibitions
Sarah Charlesworth
The exhibition focuses on Sarah Charlesworth‘s rarely exhibited works from the late 1970s to the...
23 Feb 2019 - 23 Mar 2019