Built in 1845, the building was originally the house of the late Obaid bin Eissa Bin Ali Al Shamsi, nicknamed Al Naboodah, a prominent pearl merchant. Bait Al Naboodah is set around a sun-drenched courtyard with walls made of coral and, since the beginning, stood out for its remarkable design, combining local architectural and cultural elements with the influences from the broader Gulf region. Now a museum, the building stands for the representative architectural designs of traditional Emirati houses and ancestors’ lifestyle. The museum has been renovated to reveal the life and times of Obaid Al Naboodah, and show how the architecture of Bait Al Naboodah was influenced by the pearl trade.
Contacts & Details