Located in the former church of San Pancrazio, Museo Marino Marini preserves 183 works by Marino Marini (1901-1980) – sculptures, paintings, drawings and engravings – arranged thematically rather than chronologically.
The works in the permanent collection were donated at different moments, both from Marino Marini and his wife. In 1980, the artist donated to the city of Florence the first group of works consisting of 22 sculptures, 31 paintings, 30 drawings and 30 engravings. In 1988, his widow donated 42 additional works to the city of Florence to make the museum collection more complete and detailed.
Sat – Mon, permanent collection and temporary exhibitions 10am – 7pm;
Rucellai chapel: 11am – 11:30am – 12pm – 12:30pm – 3pm – 3:30pm – 4pm – 4:30pm;
Tue – Fri by appointment
Free admission to the permanent collection;
Tickets for the exhibitions and for the Rucellai chapel