The museum is housed in the Fung Ping Shan Building and the lower three storeys of the T T Tsui Building. The Fung Ping Shan Building was donated to The University of Hong Kong by Mr Fung Ping-shan in 1932 for a Chinese book library. In 1953, the building was converted into the Fung Ping Shan Museum of Chinese art and archaeology. With its extension to the T T Tsui Building in 1996, the Museum changed its title to the University Museum and Art Gallery. The new wing of the Museum was built with a generous donation by Dr T T Tsui, and was officially opened in 1996. Since its inception in 1953, the UMAG has received continuous support from donors, artists, collectors and the University. Its collections have grown to over one thousand and eighty items of Chinese antiquities, notably bronzes, ceramics and paintings.
mon, tue, wed, thu, fri, sat 9:30 am – 6:00 pm; sun 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm
90 Bonham Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong