Along with the Palacio de Cristal, the Palacio de Velázquez (1883) is one of the two exhibition venues of the Museo Reina Sofía in the middle of the Parque del Retiro of Madrid. The building takes its name by the architect Ricardo Velázquez Bosco, which collaborated in its construction together with the potter Daniel Zuloaga and the engineer Alberto del Palacio. Conceived as the main pavilion of the “Exposición Internacional de Minería, Artes Metalúrgicas, Cerámica, Cristalería y Aguas Minerales” (1883), since 1987 Palacio de Velázquez begun hosting solo exhibitions by artists as Cindy Sherman, Nan Goldin, Juan Muñoz and José Manuel Brot. Closed in 2005 for renovations, the venue reopened its doors in 2010 with a retrospective dedicated to Miralda.
April – September: 10am – 10pm
October: 10am – 7pm
November – March: 10am – 6pm
Parque del Buen Retiro, Paseo Venezuela, 2