Non-Profit

Casa do Povo

Founded in 1953, in memory of those who died in the nazi camps, the ICIB, known as Casa do Povo, was born as a “living monument”.

Casa do Povo opened in 1953 as an initiative of Jews from Eastern Europe, in order to pursue new paths of cultural heritage “Yiddish”, in reference to the language spoken by these immigrants, and promote humanistic and progressive ideals.

With a modernist architecture, five floors, theater and library, Casa do Povo completed 60 years in 2014 in the traditional neighborhood of Bom Retiro and established itself as a cultural centre engaged with its story and contemporary thoughts.

Contacts & Details
OPENING:
tue, wed, thu, fri, sat 2:00 pm – 7:00 pm

CLOSING DAYS:
mon, sun

T: +55 11 3227 4015
M: info@casadopovo.org.br
W: Website

ADDRESS
Rua Três Rios 252, Bom Retiro

ESTABLISHED
1953
Past Exhibitions
Exhibitions
Polish Refuge at Bom Retiro
Polish artist/architect Jakub Szczesny, whose work over the last years deals with issues regarding minimal...
15 Oct 2016 - 13 Nov 2016