Designed by prominent architect G.D. Coleman and built in 1826, The Arts House is Singapore’s oldest colonial building. It served many uses and was the Parliament of Singapore until the new Parliament Complex was built. In 1992, it was gazetted a national monument and is today home to The Arts House.
Occupying the almost 200-year-old building that was Singapore’s first Parliament House, The Arts House has played an active role in the Singapore arts and creative scene. The House promotes and presents multidisciplinary programmes and festivals such as literary arts, film, performing and visual arts.
Contacts & Details
mon, tue, wed, thu, fri, sat, sun 10:00 am – 10:00 pm
T: +65 6332 6919
1 Old Parliament Lane
Jimmy Ngui, Teacher and Artist, Selected Paintings from 1966 to 2014
During his long career as an educator and teacher, Jimmy Ngui‘s legacy is imprinted in the hearts...
24 Dec 2015 - 17 Jan 2016
The Light Beyond: A photographic pilgrimage by Melisa Teo
In 1907, the Lumière brothers unveiled the autochrome, a less complex and improved method of colour...
27 May 2016 - 19 Jun 2016
Tan Ngiap Heng: Anatomy of Performance
Anatomy of Performance is an exhibition that gives rare insight into the world of dance and theatre in...
11 Aug 2016 - 04 Sep 2016
Witness: The Archive of Cultural Revolution
Themed “The Archive”, the 5th Singapore International Photography Festival (SIPF) examines...
10 Sep 2016 - 29 Oct 2016