On the occasion of Dubai Design Week, from November 13-17, 2018, twelve innovative projects by Royal College of Art graduates have been selected to participate to the Global Grad Show. Chosen between more than 1,000 entries, the projects are exhibited among 150 cutting edge inventions from 100 universities.
The RCA’s graduates address varied and significant topics such as healthcare and populations’ aging, through their artifacts aimed not just to present innovative designs, but also to advance proposals which could actually improve every day life. According to School of Design Dean, Professor Paul Anderson, The Royal College of Art’s projects “challenge and develop a strategic view of design that’s not solely technology based or leading edge, but is human centred, transparent, responsible and ethical, and places equal value on the process of design and the impact on global communities.”
The list of the twelve participants includes:
1. Yu Li, “Assembly”, Design Products;
2. Mikhail Wertheim Aymes, “OPACITY”, Global Innovation Design;
3. Lewis Hornby, “Jelly Drops”, Innovation Design Engineering;
4. Studio Beck – Ken Fujiyoshi, Chiu Chih, Ben Moffatt, Eun Kyung Shin, “Lacu”, Innovation Design Engineering;
5. Hamza Oza, “Rehber”, Innovation Design Engineering
6. Team Ripple – Huishan Ma, Lyle Baumgarten, Maria Apud Bell, Jonnathan Rankin, “Ripple”, Innovation Design Engineering
7. Dongyuan Li, “The Touching Illusion”, Innovation Design Engineering
8. Maria Apud Bell, “Mela – Delightful Health”, Innovation Design Engineering
9. Eirini Malliaraki, “Proletarait.ai”, Innovation Design Engineering
10. Dougie Mann, “TypeCase”, Innovation Design Engineering, MA+MSc
11. Seray Ozdemir, “Corridor Society”, MA Design Products
12. Nikeisha Nelson,”V//SM”, MA Design Products
The Royal College of Art will also be represented elsewhere at Dubai Design Week with print alumnus Saeed Almadani one of two Emirati designers selected to represent Dubai’s pavilion in Adwab 2018 – an exhibition and architectural installation at Dubai Design Week.
Global Grad Show, in partnership with Investment Corporation of Dubai, is an exhibition of graduate works from the world’s leading design and technology schools, taking place in November as part of Dubai Design Week. The exhibition gathers some of the brightest young minds around the world, as a celebration of creativity and optimism, around topics related with contemporaneity.
Royal College of Art at Global Grad Show 2018
Dubai Design Week 2018
Tuesday, 13 November – Saturday, 17 November 2018
Building 6, Dubai Design District (d3)
, Building 6, Dubai Design District (d3)