Zurich University of the Arts (ZHdK) and Connecting Spaces Hong Kong-Zurich bring the rare opportunity to hear from the successful story of the Chinese Contemporary Art Award (CCAA) – led by founder and renowned art collector, Dr Uli Sigg and moderated by Michael Schindhelm. This lecture will share a good glimpse of the mentality behind Dr Sigg’s inception of CCAA and a not-to-be-missed opportunity for those who are interested in the Sigg Collection and Hong Kong’s M+ Museum.
Initiating what will become an ongoing research endeavour, this public lecture provides unique insights to:
– The Sigg Collection as a document of Chinese contemporary art;
– CCAA as a narrative of the emergence of Chinese art scene since 1990;
– The establishment of the M+ Museum as a politically independent flagship of Chinese contemporary art Curating Chinese contemporary art;
– Hong Kong as an example revealing the “local” and “global” aspects of an Asian metropolis and its cultural landscape;
– Art and the (art) market from the perspective of Hong Kong as a hub of the international art market.
Find out more at: http://www.connectingspaces.hk/
sun 3/20/16 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
mon, tue, wed, thu, fri, sat
G/F, Wah Kin Mansion, 18-20 Fort Street, North Point