As part of Art Basel’s show in Miami Beach, over 20 large-scale sculptures and installations by leading and emerging international artists will be installed in Collins Park.
Public is again curated by Nicholas Baume, Director and Chief Curator of Public Art Fund, and select works from the exhibition will remain on view through February 2016.
Nicholas Baume’s curatorial focus for the 2016 show will be ‘Ground Control’, inspired by David Bowie, who passed away earlier this year. Under this theme, the Public sector will examine ways in which artists invent and imagine new kinds of space: physical, social and psychic. Interpreting ‘Ground Control’ literally, the works will invite viewers into new relationships with familiar surroundings and reframe Collins Park into a site for transformational experiences with contemporary art.
2016 Public artworks:
– Magdalena Abakanowicz, 10 Standing Figures, 2000, Marlborough Gallery
– David Adamo, Untitled, 2016, Peter Freeman, Inc.
– Jean-Marie Appriou, Mirage, 2016, Clearing
– Eric Baudart, Atmosphère, 2016, Edouard Malingue Gallery
– Huma Bhabha, Friend, 2015, Salon 94
– Yoan Capote, Naturaleza Urbana, 2012, Jack Shainman Gallery
– Claudia Comte, 156 Triangles and their Demonstration, 2016, König Galerie, Gladstone Gallery
– Matías Duville, Arena Parking, 2016, Revolver Galería
– Camille Henrot, Contrology and Dropping the Ball, 2016, Metro Pictures, kamel
mennour, König Galerie
– Glenn Kaino, Invisible Man, 2016, Kavi Gupta
– Alicja Kwade, Reise ohne Ankunft (Mercier), 2016, König Galerie
– Sol LeWitt, Incomplete Open Cube 8/9, 1974; Incomplete Open Cube 5/1, 1974;
Incomplete Open Cube 8/5, 1974, Paula Cooper Gallery
– Wagner Malta Tavares, Malpertuis, 2016, Galeria Marilia Razuk
– Tony Matelli, Jesus, 2016, Marlborough Gallery
– William J. O’Brien, Untitled (The Protectors), 2016, Marianne Boesky Gallery
– Anthony Pearson, Untitled (Transmission), 2016, Marianne Boesky Gallery
– Norbert Prangenberg, Figur, 1999, Garth Greenan Gallery
– Ugo Rondinone, Miami Mountain, 2016, The Bass
– Tony Tasset, Arrow Sculpture, 2016, Kavi Gupta
– Erwin Wurm, Big Disobedience, 2016, Lehmann Maupin
Public opening night performances:
– Davide Balula, Interrupting Words with Burp Sounds, 2014-2016, rodolphe janssen, galerie frank elbaz, Gagosian Gallery, François Ghebaly Gallery
– Lady Bunny, Lady Bunny’s Intergalactic Disco
– Rob Pruitt, Stretch, Grill and Chill, 2016, Gavin Brown’s enterprise, Massimo De Carlo
– Naama Tsabar, Composition 18, 2016, Paul Kasmin Gallery, Spinello Projects
, Collins Avenue