PULSE is the premiere satellite fair for the discovery and acquisition of cutting-edge contemporary art. With annual editions in Miami Beach and New York City, the fair cultivates a supportive environment for its international community of galleries and provides a platform for their growth and expansion in the contemporary art market.
From its inception, PULSE has presented thoughtfully-curated exhibitions and ever-evolving programming that reflect the fair’s commitment to making the visitor experience a dynamic one.
Under the leadership of Helen Toomer, newly appointed director, PULSE Miami Beach 2014 will present a revitalized platform for the discovery of contemporary art and will continue to demonstrate the fair’s commitment to the exchange of ideas from pioneering and seasoned artists.
– IMPULSE is a platform for emerging galleries.
– PULSE Projects program is committed to the presentation and promotion of audience-engaging large-scale sculptures, installations and performances. Pulse Projects is part of our continued mission to link an international roster of premier contemporary galleries and artists with local cultural institutions, communities and audiences.
– POINTS highlights the work of alternative models and not-for-profit organizations.
– PULSE Perspectives are the fair’s daily round table discussions, which explore ideas within contemporary art and the art market. Led by prominent art world insiders, these conversations grant fairgoers intimate and exclusive access to critical and current issues within the industry.
– PULSE Play is a dedicated showcase for video and new media, serving as a platform to encourage discovery within the digital realm.
– PULSE Prize is a $2,500 cash grant that is awarded to an emerging artist of distinction featured in the IMPULSE section of the fair. Pulse Prize Nominees – Miami Beach 2014:
Andrea Canepa | Rosa Santos, Valencia, Spain
David Magnusson | Pictura Gallery, Bloomington, IN
Genevieve Chua | GUSFORD | los angeles [IMPULSE], Los Angeles, CA
Jennifer Dalton | Winkelman Gallery, New York, NY
Jinny Yu | Art Mûr, Montreal, Canada
Johannes Domenig | Galerie Frey, Vienna/Salzburg, Austria
John Mills | Rosamund Felsen Gallery, Santa Monica, CA
Ken Matsubara | MA2Gallery, Tokyo, Japan
Lisa Levy | Schroeder Romero, Brooklyn, NY
Lothar Osterberg | Lesley Heller Workspace, New York, NY
Maya Hayuk | CC Gallery, Berlin, Germany
Mia Rosenthal | Gallery Joe, Philadelphia, PA
Michael Van den Besselaar | Black & White Gallery/Project Space, Brooklyn, NY
Natalia Arias | Nohra Haime Gallery, New York, NY
Russell Tyler |Ballast Projects [POINTS], New York, NY
Tm Gratkowski | Walter Maciel Gallery, Los Angeles, CA
Tom Fruin | Paul Loya Gallery, Los Angeles, CA
mon, tue, wed
Indian Beach Park, 4601 Collins Avenue