The most prestigious Italian art fair dedicated to the international market with a focus on experimentation and research, Artissima returns to Oval in Turin with its 26th edition from November 1 to 3, 2019.
• Main Section presents a selection of the most representative galleries on the international scene. This year 97 galleries will be showcased, including 50 international exhibitors.
• New Entries is a section dedicated to emerging international players, with 20 galleries this year, 15 of which are from abroad.
• Dialogue focusses on specific projects in which the works of maximum two artists are shown in close dialogue with each other, 30 galleries are participating, 22 of which are from abroad.
• Art Spaces & Editions includes 7 exhibitors from galleries, project spaces and non-profit initiatives, all specialising in artists’ editions and multiples.
Three of the sections are curated by teams of international curators:
• Present Future is a curated section for emerging talents featuring 20 artists presented by 22 galleries
• Back to the Future focuses on the rediscovery of pioneers of contemporary art and presents 19 artists represented by 19 galleries
• Disegni is a section dedicated to all forms of contemporary drawing
The 2019 edition of Artissima features also the new project Hub Middle East, designed to give an overview of galleries, institutions and artists active in a geographical area of central importance for the development of contemporary society.
31 October 2019, opening by invitation only