The Caru’ cu Bere (aka Carul cu Bere; “the beer wagon”) was moved to the current location, a gothic revival building designed by Austrian architect Siegfrid Kofczinsky, in 1899. It is noted for its interior decoration, in art nouveau style, with painted ceilings and ornate woodwork that make the place an attraction in itself. The Caru’ cu Bere is operated by Dragoș Petrescu’s City Grill chain, and is classed as a historic monument.
Str. Stavropoleos, nr 5
Contacts & Details