The Diplomat building was designed by Romania’s most renowned architect, Ion Mincu. It offers a world class recipes with a contemporary twist and a rich wine selection.
In 1922 an avant-garde represented by colonel Greble E. St. Junior and Mr. Alexandru Marghiloman, set the stepping stone to the “Baneasa Country Club”. Most of the 143 founding members were prolific names of that era. Together, they would originate the largest Country Club of the time.
The club will later house the “Diplomat Restaurant”, the place where Bucharest’s finest would enjoy lunch, after lavishing in the greenest park of them all: Park Herastrau. The founding members of Diplomat have also built the surrounding park, Herastrau. With well over 30 hectares of lush green, it is the largest park in Bucharest.