Mimmo Cuticchio is universally recognised as the main architect of the “rediscovery” of the Opera dei Pupi: born in 1948, when his father Giacomo, a “walking” puppeteer (wanderer) settled in Gela.
The company produces shows and controls all phases, from the embossing of the metals of the armour to the carving of the wood for the bodies, the painting of scenes and signs, the realisation of the costumes, welding three important aspects in his theatrical communication: the recovery of traditional techniques of puppets and ‘del cunto’, research and experimentation.
Since October 1997 he has also run a school for puppeteers, supported by the Municipality of Palermo.
tue, wed, thu, fri 10:00 am – 1:00 pm, 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm; sat 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
W: Figli D’Arte Cuticchios
Via Bara All'Olivella, 95